Dental, vision, & more
AmeriHealth New Jersey works with industry leaders to provide our customers with dental, vision, prescription, and specialty insurance coverage.
Good oral health can have a direct impact on your overall health and wellness. That’s why AmeriHealth New Jersey offers several dental plan options for you to pair with your medical benefits.¹
You have the freedom to visit any dentist in- or out-of-network by choosing from thousands of providers in the Advantage Plus 2.0 national network. Discounts may also be available from participating providers for any services that are not covered by the plan. Plus, you’ll never need a referral to visit a provider.
All plans cover one routine eye exam in full per calendar year and offer affordable coverage for eyeglasses and contacts.
Routine eye exams can help protect your sight and detect serious and costly medical conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes. AmeriHealth New Jersey offers three vision plans to pair with your medical benefits.
Our vision benefits are administered by Davis Vision® and give members a choice of more than 94,000 points of access nationwide. Members save on out-of-pocket costs and have access to eye exams, eyeglasses, contacts, and value-added discounts. New for 2021, out-of-network coverage and Visionworks frame options are available with all plans. To find a vision provider, visit amerihealthnj.com/vision.
AmeriHealth New Jersey prescription drug programs are administered by FutureScripts®, our pharmacy benefits manager. The FutureScripts retail network includes more than 68,000 participating pharmacies nationwide, including the area’s largest retail chains.
WITH With convenient online tools, members can easily manage their prescriptions. Log in at amerihealthnj.com to:
- Compare the price of brand name drugs to generic equivalents
- Sign up and save money with mail order/home delivery services
- Review prescription records
- Find a participating pharmacy
- Review coverage and cost-sharing information
- Access claims
- Download forms
Formulary drug lists
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian®) offers high-quality specialty products such as Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness insurances, which offers financial protection from unforeseen hardships and expenses. You can choose to offer Guardian products to complement your AmeriHealth New Jersey core medical benefits. Guardian’s product line offerings and high quality services help enable you to customize benefit programs to meet your needs.4
If you experience an accidental injury, you should focus on your health — not your finances. LifeSecure’s5 Accident insurance can help protect your hard-earned income after an accident by providing cash benefits to help you offset unexpected medical bills and other injury-related expenses.
With a LifeSecure accident insurance plan:
- There are no confusing options — you get one straightforward insurance plan.
- You decide how to spend your benefits, whether it's for out-of-pocket medical and recovery expenses, childcare, housekeeping help, transportation to appointments, or anything else you may need.
- Cash benefits are paid directly to you.
- Benefits are based on the care needed to treat your injury, up to your Annual Benefit Bank amount.
- You have coverage for a wide range of services related to your injury, from ambulance and emergency room visits, tests, X-rays and other medical diagnostic exams to follow-ups with your doctor or chiropractor, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
Accident insurance plans are available for you and your family members ages 18 through 74.
1 AmeriHealth New Jersey dental plans are administered by United Concordia Companies, Inc.
2 Administered by Davis Vision, an independent company.
3 An AmeriHealth affiliate has a financial interest in Visionworks.
4 Guardian Insurance products are underwritten and issued by The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY.
5 LifeSecure Insurance Company underwrites and has sole financial responsibility for the Personal Accident Insurance product.