I lost my health insurance and need to find a new plan.
Losing your health insurance can be an overwhelming experience. But the good news is there’s probably a plan that works better for you. And with AmeriHealth New Jersey’s large network, you probably won’t have to change your doctor. We have plenty of options to accommodate all combinations of need and budget. Here are some things to consider after losing your health insurance...
- If you need a plan for your whole family, AmeriHealth New Jersey has over 30 options. Every one of them covers pediatric vision and dental services* as well as preventive services like immunizations and wellness visits.
- Be careful trying to save money by choosing a plan solely because of its lower premium. You could end up with a high out-of-pocket cost if you get hurt or sick. Lower-premium may only be a reasonable option for people who use their benefits less.
- If you were laid off or otherwise lost your job, COBRA health insurance may be able to get you continued coverage through your group plan. Learn more from the United States Department of Labor.
- Losing your job-based insurance qualifies you to buy a plan through the Marketplace. The New Jersey Health Insurance Marketplace is where eligible residents can shop for and buy insurance in person, online or by phone. In New Jersey, the Marketplace is run by the federal government. Start looking and keep AmeriHealth New Jersey in mind at healthcare.gov
If you’re struggling to afford health insurance, you might be able to get help from the government. See if you qualify at ahnj4u.com or learn more about Health Care Reform and how it affects you.
* You may opt out of our pediatric dental benefits if you wish to purchase them through another insurer.