Health Coaches offer condition management to all eligible members. Health Coaches help members work effectively with their physicians to make “shared decisions” that are right for them.
The best way to refer a patient for health coaching is to complete the physician referral form. Providers can also call 1-800-313-8628 to make a patient referral. Eligible members can speak with a Health Coach 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 1-888-YOUR-AH1 (1-888-968-7241).
Health Coaches can:
- Educate patients about their disease, condition, or medication and offer resources to better understand how to manage their health
- Assess patient barriers to following through with the plan of care
- Educate on importance of follow-up with physician/provider, assist in making appointments
- Educate on medication adherence and importance of bringing all medications to all medical appointments
- Help patients navigate the health care system
- Refer patients to other Plan programs or benefits-related resources such as nutritional counseling or mental health services
- Provide information on community resources
If you are interested in having your patient work with a Registered Nurse Health Coach, fill out the physician referral form or contact us by calling 1-800-313-8628.