Make a payment
AmeriHealth New Jersey offers you several convenient ways to pay your health insurance bill.
How to pay your health insurance monthly premium
Question about your bill?
Pay with the AHNJ On the Go App
The free AHNJ On the Go mobile app lets you pay your premium on the go with your Apple or Android smartphone. Each month you can view the amount due, enter your bank account or prepaid debit card information, and submit your payment. In the app, just select Manage Account and then Pay My Bill.
Pay through eBill
Making your payment is simple with eBill. There’s no need to wait for a paper bill or spend money on postage to mail your payment. Beginning up to 15 days before your coverage effective date, you can pay your bill online directly from your bank account. You can also view your bill online, make a one-time payment, and/or set up recurring payments. You can also set up notifications so you know when a bill is due, when your payment amount changes, and when the money is deducted from your account.
How to make a one-time payment
You can set up a one-time payment in eBill. Before you begin, be sure to have your bank account number and bank routing number ready.
- Log in at amerihealthnj.com.
- Select Manage Account in the left-hand corner.
How to set up recurring payments
You cannot set up a recurring payment when a new invoice is available. If you have a bill that’s waiting for payment, you will need to first do a one-time payment. Then:
- Enter your bank account information by following the instructions for making a one-time payment.
- Select Add Recurring Payment in the upper right-hand corner.
- Complete the required fields and select Set Recurring. You can schedule a payment up to 10 days before the payment due date.
Important: You must pay your bill by the due date or you will not be able to make a payment through eBill. You will need to choose one of the other payment options in order to pay a past-due bill.
Pay by credit or debit card
For your initial premium payment, we accept Amex, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa for prepaid debit or credit card payments. To pay with a credit card, you can:
- Pay by phone: Use our automated system at 1-800-313-9168 (TTY: 711).
- Use eBill: Log in at amerihealthnj.com and select Manage Account.
Pay by personal check or money order
Your bill includes a detachable payment slip with your billing account number and payment address. When paying with a check or money order, please remember to:
- Write the amount you are enclosing on the payment slip and return it with your payment.
- Be sure the address shows through the return envelope window when mailing in your payment. If you lose your envelope, mail the payment to the address on your payment slip.
Set up automatic payments through your bank
You can use your bank’s online bill pay service to make one-time or recurring payments from your bank account. You need the following information for setup:
- Billing account number: Your billing account number is printed on your bill payment slip. It is different from your member ID number, which is printed on your ID card.
- Payment address: This address is printed at the bottom of your bill and on the payment slip.
Important: Set up a new biller using the payment address on your invoice.
If you currently use your bank’s online bill pay service and change plans, you must delete the current biller and set up a new biller with the new account number and payment address printed on your bill.
Pay by telephone
To make a payment by phone using our automated system, call 1-800-313-9168 (TTY: 711). We accept Automated Clearing House (ACH), along with Amex, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa prepaid debit and credit card payments for your initial premium payment. For ongoing payments, we accept ACH, debit and prepaid cards only. You can pay your bill by telephone if you are enrolled in medical, adult dental, or adult vision coverage. Have the following information available when you call:
- Member ID number (printed on your member ID card)
- Billing account number (included on your bill)
- Bank account number and bank routing number (included on your personal check) OR prepaid debit/credit card number (for initial payment)