AmeriHealth New Jersey takes steps to help members affected by Hurricane Dorian
Cranbury, NJ, September 1, 2019 — AmeriHealth New Jersey is taking extra measures to help its members in areas affected by Hurricane Dorian.
For members impacted by Hurricane Dorian in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, AmeriHealth New Jersey will alter some of its policies now through September 30, 2019. Specific steps include:
- Waiving precertification, referral, and hospital admission requirements for medically necessary care for fully insured members. AmeriHealth New Jersey is also working closely with self-funded groups to ask for their flexibility in waiving these same requirements.
- Working closely with hospitals, doctors, and urgent care facilities to ensure members who may not have access to their usual physicians and facilities have access to emergent and urgent care services anywhere they need it.
- Lifting prescription refill restrictions, such as the “refill too soon” limit, and allowing members who receive prescriptions via mail order to get prescriptions at a retail pharmacy.
- Providing replacement of medical equipment or supplies for members.
- Offering free confidential counseling service and other resources to employer customers through Magellan Health Services for employees coping with stress and trauma they may have experienced as a result of this emergency situation. Additionally, Magellan is offering a toll-free Information Resource Line, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all AmeriHealth New Jersey members, to help callers cope and maintain good mental health during the recovery. Members can access this information at 1-800-327-7451.
AmeriHealth New Jersey members with questions about care and medication needs are encouraged to contact the company’s Customer Service team beginning Tuesday, September 3, 2019, at 1-888-YOUR- AH1 (1-888-968-7241). AmeriHealth New Jersey employees are available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and can ensure that members have uninterrupted access to the health care services they need during this emergency situation and the aftermath.
AmeriHealth New Jersey members can also access their personal health information and print replacement ID cards on amerihealthexpress.com, the AmeriHealth New Jersey secure member portal.
About AmeriHealth New Jersey
For 25 years AmeriHealth New Jersey* has been dedicated to enhancing the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. Our members are at the center of everything we do. Since the onset of the Affordable Care Act, we have been committed to offering health plans on the Individual Marketplace, which has expanded access to coverage for New Jersey residents. We are exclusively focused on New Jersey with plans designed to meet the unique needs of individuals, small- and mid-sized businesses, municipalities and boards of education across the state. We also provide administrative services to self-funded groups. Named one of the Best Places to Work for the past eight years, and ranked 11th in 2019, AmeriHealth New Jersey is located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information visit amerihealthnj.com.
*AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey | AmeriHealth HMO, Inc.
Manager, Public Relations
AmeriHealth New Jersey