AmeriHealth New Jersey takes steps to help members affected by California wildfires
Cranbury, NJ, October 30, 2019 — AmeriHealth New Jersey is taking steps to help its members in areas affected by the wildfires in California.
For group members impacted by the wildfires, AmeriHealth New Jersey will alter some of its policies through November 27, 2019. Specific steps include:
- Waiving some requirements for fully-insured members so that they can receive medical care that is considered necessary. This includes precertification, referral, and hospital admission requirements. AmeriHealth New Jersey is also working closely with self-funded groups to ask for their flexibility in waiving these same requirements.
- Working closely with hospitals, doctors, and urgent care facilities to ensure members have access to care anywhere they need it. This can be important for people who do not have access to their usual physicians and facilities.
- Allowing prescription to be filled early and for mail-order prescriptions to get filled at local pharmacies.
- Providing replacement of medical equipment or supplies for members.
- Offering free, private counseling services to employer customers through Magellan Health Services. These services can be helpful for employees coping with stress and trauma they may have experienced as a result of the wildfires.
- Offering AmeriHealth New Jersey members a toll-free phone line available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through Magellan Health Services. This service helps callers maintain good mental health during the recovery. Members can access this information at 1-800-327-7451.
AmeriHealth New Jersey members with questions can contact the company’s Customer Service team at 1-888-YOUR- AH1 (1-888-968-7241).
AmeriHealth New Jersey members can also access their personal health information and find and print replacement ID cards at amerihealthexpress.com.
About AmeriHealth New Jersey
For 25 years AmeriHealth New Jersey* has been dedicated to enhancing the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. Our members are at the center of everything we do. Since the onset of the Affordable Care Act, we have been committed to offering health plans on the Individual Marketplace, which has expanded access to coverage for New Jersey residents. We are exclusively focused on New Jersey with plans designed to meet the unique needs of individuals, small- and mid-sized businesses, municipalities and boards of education across the state. We also provide administrative services to self-funded groups. Named one of the Best Places to Work for the past eight years, and ranked 11th in 2019, AmeriHealth New Jersey is located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information visit amerihealthnj.com.
*AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey | AmeriHealth HMO, Inc.
Manager, Public Relations
AmeriHealth New Jersey