AmeriHealth New Jersey launches dedicated COVID-19 website for members
Comprehensive information and resources on COVID-19 are also available in Spanish
Cranbury, NJ, March 27, 2020 — AmeriHealth New Jersey created a comprehensive website dedicated to COVID-19 information and resources for members. The website, amerihealthnj.com/covid-19, is also available in Spanish.
AmeriHealth New Jersey members can visit amerihealthnj.com/covid-19 for information related to:
- Symptoms and testing: The site includes information about testing locations throughout the region. It also details the steps AmeriHealth New Jersey has taken to ensure members can access testing if needed. AmeriHealth New Jersey will cover member cost-sharing (co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance) for the COVID-19 test and administration of the test when performed at a physician’s office, urgent care center, or an emergency room.
- Telemedicine: To help members maintain good health without risking exposure to COVID-19, the site features information about telemedicine resources and specifics about AmeriHealth New Jersey’s coverage policies.
- Getting care: The site features tips and information for members who may need to seek care or who may need prescription drug refills.
- Mental health resources: Because the COVID-19 situation can cause stress and anxiety for many members, the site offers resources to help members take care of their mental health (and their families’ mental health) during this time. Virtual visits with mental health specialists are also an option.
- News and resources: The site offers users access to the latest news and updates about COVID-19 and AmeriHealth New Jersey’s response to it, including frequently asked questions, press releases, links to trustworthy websites, and more.
During the COVID-19 situation, AmeriHealth New Jersey is committed to ensuring that members have access to the care, education, and support they need. Besides updating coverage policies, AmeriHealth New Jersey has assisted members through Registered Nurse Health Coach outreach, digital resources, and more.
About AmeriHealth New Jersey
For more than 25 years AmeriHealth New Jersey* has been dedicated to enhancing the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. Our members are at the center of everything we do. Since the onset of the Affordable Care Act, we have been committed to offering health plans on the Individual Marketplace, which has expanded access to coverage for New Jersey residents. We are exclusively focused on New Jersey with plans designed to meet the unique needs of individuals, small- and mid-sized businesses, municipalities and boards of education across the state. We also provide administrative services to self-funded groups. Named one of the Best Places to Work for the past nine years, AmeriHealth New Jersey is located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information, visit amerihealthnj.com.
*AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey | AmeriHealth HMO, Inc.
Manager, Public Relations
AmeriHealth New Jersey