AmeriHealth New Jersey extends benefit coverage related to COVID-19
Cranbury, NJ, July 1, 2020 — AmeriHealth New Jersey announces that it has extended many of the benefit changes the company implemented for fully insured groups and individual members in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The extended dates show AmeriHealth New Jersey’s commitment to ensuring that its members receive the care they need during the COVID-19 pandemic. The company regularly assesses the current environment for ways to help members, employers, and physicians.
AmeriHealth New Jersey’s COVID-19 initiatives currently in effect for fully insured groups and individual members until 90 days after the end of both the state of emergency and the public health emergency related to COVID-19:
- Coverage for the costs of COVID-19 testing¹
- Continued availability of all in-network telemedicine² services without cost sharing. This includes visits with:
- a primary care physician (PCP)
- an MDLive doctor
- a behavioral health provider3
- a specialist
- Including nutrition counseling; urgent care; video-only visits for physical and occupational therapy; and audio or video for speech therapy3
AmeriHealth New Jersey’s COVID-19 initiatives currently in effect for fully insured groups and individual members until December 31, 2020:
- Waiving cost-sharing for in-network, inpatient acute care treatment for COVID-19
- Waiving prior authorization for all inpatient admissions
- Coverage of consumer-grade pulse oximeters at no cost
- Waiving prior authorization requirements for post-acute care admissions
AmeriHealth New Jersey encourages members and others to visit the company’s comprehensive COVID-19 websites for details on the updates, as well as the latest news and information:
- COVID-19 website. A one-stop source for information about testing, treatment and other resources for members.
- COVID-19 Business Hub. Provides up-to-date information and resources for AmeriHealth New Jersey employer groups and brokers.
- COVID-19 Provider Hub. Provides the latest information and resources for physicians, hospitals and health systems.
For more information on AmeriHealth New Jersey’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit amerihealthnj.com/covid-19.
¹The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act mandate that member cost sharing (deductible, co-pays and coinsurance) is waived both in and out-of-network for the testing and diagnosis of COVID-19 through the public health emergency. When the public health emergency referenced by the FFCRA and CARES Act ends, the waiver of cost sharing for out-of-network COVID-19 testing and diagnosis will end. The waiver of cost sharing for in network testing and diagnosis of COVID-19 will continue until 90 days after the end of both the state of emergency and public health emergency declared by the State of New Jersey in response to COVID-19. For High Deductible Health Plans, in-network cost sharing waivers for inpatient COVID-19 treatment detailed above will remain in effect through December 31, 2020 unless prohibited by law.
²References to telemedicine include telehealth.
3Unless the benefit design provides otherwise, or out-of-network visits are permitted by AmeriHealth New Jersey due to network adequacy or access.
About AmeriHealth New Jersey
For more than 25 years AmeriHealth New Jersey* has been dedicated to enhancing the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. Our members are at the center of everything we do. Since the onset of the Affordable Care Act, we have been committed to offering health plans on the Individual Marketplace, which has expanded access to coverage for New Jersey residents. We are exclusively focused on New Jersey with plans designed to meet the unique needs of individuals, small- and mid-sized businesses, municipalities and boards of education across the state. We also provide administrative services to self-funded groups. Named one of the Best Places to Work for the past nine years, AmeriHealth New Jersey is located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information visit amerihealthnj.com.
*AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey | AmeriHealth HMO, Inc.
Manager, Public Relations
AmeriHealth New Jersey