AmeriHealth New Jersey Helps Members Stay In The Know, When On the Go
Company launches free mobile website to help members manage their health care needs from anywhere
Cranbury, NJ - September 29, 2011 - AmeriHealth New Jersey today announced the launch of its new mobile website accessible from most smartphones. The mobile website allows members to search for providers, view their ID cards, review benefits and claims information, and access personal health records.
“It’s important to us that our members have easy access to their health care information — no matter where they are,” said Mike Munoz, vice president of sales and marketing, AmeriHealth New Jersey. “Our new mobile website is a secure, convenient way to get a variety of information while at home, work, or even at a doctor’s visit.”
Members have the ability to do several things when viewing the AmeriHealth New Jersey mobile website from their smartphone:
- View their member ID card: If a member forgets to bring his or her member ID card to a doctor visit, they can easily view and share the front and back of their card right from their smartphone.
- Review their personal health record: The next time the doctor asks for a family history, members can easily pull up their personal health record.
- Find a doctor: If a member is referred to a specialist, he or she can easily check if the doctor is in the AmeriHealth New Jersey network and also view the doctor’s address and phone number.
- Contact Us: Members can easily call or email AmeriHealth New Jersey with any questions.
The AmeriHealth New Jersey mobile website is free to all members and can be accessed by typing “amerihealth.com” into their mobile Internet browser.
About AmeriHealth New Jersey
AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. and AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey (collectively, AmeriHealth New Jersey) provide health insurance coverage to employers and individuals throughout New Jersey. The company has the largest provider network in New Jersey*, and that network includes access to hospitals and doctors across the nation. The company is also committed to offering value-added insurance solutions for customers through its innovative wellness and incentive programs and benefits designs.
The company’s managed care plan, AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. has received the highest possible accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) by meeting NCQA’s rigorous evaluation standards.
AmeriHealth New Jersey and its affiliates are a growing group of insurance and health companies whose product portfolios include health insurance, workers’ compensation, property and casualty insurance, and management services. AmeriHealth New Jersey headquarters are located in Cranbury, NJ.
* Based on analysis done through an independent source.
Manager, Public Relations
AmeriHealth New Jersey