AmeriHealth NJ Pilots Retail Kiosks in Two New Jersey Malls
Cranbury, NJ - November 29, 2012 - New Jersey residents hitting the mall this holiday season can add "shop for health insurance" to their checklists. AmeriHealth NJ today announced that it is piloting retail kiosks in two local malls.
"At AmeriHealth NJ we continue to take steps to prepare for 2014, which means transforming the way we market to and engage with consumers," said Mike Munoz, senior vice president of sales and marketing for AmeriHealth NJ. "The industry is gradually moving towards being more retail-oriented, which will ultimately change the way consumers purchase insurance and how insurers will sell it."
AmeriHealth NJ's kiosks ─ located in Newport Centre Mall in Jersey City and Menlo Park Mall in Edison ─ give consumers the opportunity to purchase the company's products and services directly, or in conjunction with a broker partner.
Consumers who visit the kiosks will be able to:
- Request a quote
- Find out if their doctor is in the AmeriHealth NJ provider network
- Visit the WebMD® Symptom Checker
- Visit the AmeriHealth NJ website
- Learn more about some commonly used health insurance terms
"Convenience for consumers is important to us," said Munoz. "We thought it made the most sense to go where the people are ─ namely the local malls ─ rather than ask them to come to us."
In addition to the mall kiosks, AmeriHealth NJ has taken the following steps to more effectively engage consumers:
- Created a mobile app to give consumers access to important information in the way they want to receive it.
- Redesigned our website www.amerihealthnj.com to make it more user-friendly. The language was written to be more conversational and consistent with the personal approach we take with our customers.
- Recognizing the heightened role that wellness will play once consumers can directly purchase their health insurance from carriers, the company also created health-related infographics to provide consumers valuable information that can have a positive impact on their health.
"As individuals and businesses alike are given more choices and become more engaged in the health insurance selection process, it's a priority for us to ensure that they feel fully informed and empowered when they are making these important decisions," said Munoz.
About AmeriHealth NJ
AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. and AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey (collectively, AmeriHealth New Jersey) provide health insurance coverage to employers and individuals throughout New Jersey. The company has the largest provider network in New Jersey*, and that network includes access to hospitals and doctors across the nation. The company is also committed to offering value-added insurance solutions for customers through its innovative wellness and incentive programs and benefits designs.
The company’s managed care plan, AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. is accredited by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
AmeriHealth New Jersey and its affiliates are a growing group of insurance and health companies whose product portfolios include health insurance, workers’ compensation, property and casualty insurance, and management services. AmeriHealth New Jersey headquarters are located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information on AmeriHealth, visit www.amerihealthnj.com.
*Based on analysis done through an independent source.
Manager, Public Relations
AmeriHealth New Jersey