AmeriHealth New Jersey Medicare Advantage plans offer even richer benefits at a more affordable cost in 2016
Cranbury, NJ — October 12, 2015 — AmeriHealth New Jersey today announced that the company has added additional benefits as part of its standard Medicare Advantage offering for 2016 while reducing premiums for members across two thirds of the state.
The AmeriHealth 65® Preferred HMO Plan now offers several new benefits. Routine chiropractic and podiatry visits, as well as a new hearing aid benefit that includes fitting and evaluation, are all new in 2016. This is in addition to the vision and dental benefits that are already a part of AmeriHealth 65 Preferred. AmeriHealth New Jersey is also one of the only carriers in the state to offer routine chiropractic and podiatry visits as part of its Medicare Advantage plan.
“We are pleased to offer even richer benefits in 2016, while reducing premiums for more than 90 percent of our members,” said Mike Munoz, senior vice president of sales and marketing for AmeriHealth New Jersey. “It’s important to us to carefully design plans that give our members what they need — and want — at a cost they can be content with.”
Quality and affordability
Available in all 21 counties in New Jersey, AmeriHealth New Jersey Medicare Advantage plans are competitively priced and offer a wide range of value-added benefits including:
- Access to a large network of 14,000 primary care physicians, 70,000 specialists, 2,000 pharmacies and 170 hospitals in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- The option to choose a plan with or without prescription drug coverage
- Low copays:
- $20 for Primary Care Physician (PCP) visits
- $5 copay for Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation visits
- Drug copays as low as $2
- Three-month supply of mail-order drugs available for the cost of two copay payments (30% discount)
- Silver Sneakers Gym Membership at no cost.
- Worldwide travel benefit, which covers medical emergencies or urgently needed care worldwide
- In addition, AmeriHealth New Jersey also offers Medigap coverage which helps pay for costs that Original Medicare alone doesn’t pay and offers the freedom and flexibility of no referrals when seeing any doctor or specialist that accepts Medicare—even when traveling throughout the U.S.
Enrollment rules and options
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) generally permits individual Medicare beneficiaries to enroll in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan or Part D plan only during the six-week annual enrollment period, from October 15 to December 7.
Members and prospective members can learn more about the AmeriHealth 65® Preferred HMO Plan by visiting www.amerihealthmedicare.com or calling 1-800-898-3492 (TTY/TDD 711).
AmeriHealth New Jersey will also be hosting a series of sales seminars and member appreciation events during open enrollment. To see a full list of events, visit www.amerihealthmedicare.com and follow the the “Find a Local Meeting” link.
About AmeriHealth New Jersey
AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. and AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey (collectively, AmeriHealth New Jersey) provide health insurance coverage to employers and individuals throughout New Jersey. The company has one of the largest provider networks in New Jersey, and provides access to hospitals and doctors across the nation. The company is also committed to offering value-added insurance solutions for customers through its innovative wellness and incentive programs and benefits designs. The company’s managed care plan, AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. is accredited by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). AmeriHealth New Jersey and its affiliates are a growing group of insurance and health companies whose product portfolios include health insurance, workers’ compensation, property and casualty insurance, and management services. AmeriHealth New Jersey headquarters are located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information on AmeriHealth New Jersey, visit www.amerihealthnj.com.
Manager, Public Relations
AmeriHealth New Jersey