AmeriHealth New Jersey is committed to protecting the privacy of our members' personal health information. Part of that commitment is complying with the Privacy Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), which requires us to take additional measures to protect personal information and to inform our members about those measures. The Notice of Privacy Practices describes how AmeriHealth may use and disclose a member's personal health information and how a member of an AmeriHealth health plan can get access to this information. The Notice of Privacy Practices was recently updated to reflect the manner in which your health information is shared via secure electronic data sharing networks called Health Information Exchanges. You can also call to request a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices by contacting Customer Service at the number on the back of your ID card.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Describes how AmeriHealth New Jersey may use and disclose a member’s personal health information and how a member of an AmeriHealth New Jersey health plan can get access to this information.
- Notice of Privacy Practices — For AmeriHealth New Jersey health plan members (including: AmeriHealth New Jersey HMO, AmeriHealth New Jersey PPO, Open Access, Traditional)
HIPAA Privacy Forms
- Authorization Form — to be used by members to authorize AmeriHealth New Jersey to release health information.
- Personal Representative Form — to be used by members who wish to appoint another person as their personal representative.
General HIPAA Information
- HIPAA Compliance project update
- How to Retrieve Secure Email from AmeriHealth New Jersey
- Privacy Guide for our group customers and business partners
HIPAA Transactions for Providers
- For information about HIPAA compliant transactions, visit the Provider Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) section.
If you have questions regarding HIPAA, please contact: